Accidents happen. Are you prepared for an accident involving your rental monitoring equipment?
Monitoring equipment is sensitive and expensive. While preparing for your project, it is easy to overlook potential costs associated with unfortunate mishaps. Just one damaged instrument can result in thousands of dollars in replacement costs.
As a rental company we routinely see the results of accidents. Hand-held instruments such as PIDs have been dropped into water supplies. Groundwater monitoring equipment such as peristaltic pumps and water levels has been run over by vehicles. There are numerous examples and all have resulted in costly repairs or replacements.
The good news is you may already be covered. Your company’s general insurance policy may cover the costs related to accidents involving rental equipment. However, even if your policy covers accidental damage, many times there is a high deductible. A standard deductible can be as high as $3000; an amount that would severely impact your project’s profitability.
How can you prepare for rental equipment accidents? Here are a few tips:
- Check your company’s insurance policy.
- Find out the deductible that you would be responsible to pay in the event of a claim.
- Determine the amount of financial risk with which you are comfortable in event of a possible accident.
Following these tips, you may find that you are not comfortable with the potential risk. And that’s when U.S. Environmental’s Accident Protection Plan may be the perfect solution. For a low daily rate we will cover the costs associated with damages and the replacement of rental equipment. The advantages of using this plan are:
- Adequate and Flexible Protection: We have four levels to fit a wide range of projects.
- Fixed Cost: You will now be able to put an exact amount on your project’s budget.
- Peace of Mind: No longer will you need to worry about the potentially high costs of an accident.
The four levels of protections area:
- $2,500 for $12 per day
- $5,000 for $18 per day
- $10,000 for $22 per day
- $30,000 for $28 per day
If you are interested in the U.S. Environmental Accident Protection Plan for your next project, ask a Customer Service Representative about it when placing your order.